Sunday, July 8, 2018

FEATURED TITLE: FACE YOUR FEARS


Digital or print formats


A BIT ABOUT DESIGNING THE COVER:
As usual, I approach designing a book cover 
as teamwork between the author and me. 
First, the author fills out a cover art questionnaire 
that I use to draft an initial concept of the cover. 
Sometimes the first draft is close to their perfect vision, 
but more often it's a starting point and 
we revise, tweak, and sometimes start over from there.
For this cover, we started working with 
silhouettes for the main characters, 
but that just wasn't coming together. 
So I sent the author a version of the cover using photos. 
His response: "Didn’t think I’d like photos but I love Nate!!!!" 
He sent me a link to a photo to use for the other character, Jude,
and the cover came together quickly. 
Some tweaks here and here and voila!
It's final! "Let's do it!" the author said.

No comments:

Post a Comment